Bringer of bad news

SaurianTarget

Re: Bringer of bad news

Postby SaurianTarget » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:07 pm

tjgcrush wrote:well i've brought up the idea of bringing back the older games on steam with possible workshop support but polina has said that it will be thought over

That would be nice, I'm sure many people on Steam would buy those, but you can download most (if not all) of the original games for free somewhere online, and the Carnivores Saga has been creating hundreds of excellent mods for the originals over the last decade or so (like Carnivores Triassic, a truly excellent mod, probably the best I've ever played), so there's really very little point for doing that. Just spread awareness of the Carnivores Saga forum if people want to play the originals modded.

So, I'm a bit confused, is Polina still involved with the franchise? Have the devs just given up on Reborn? Or what are they doing next? What's their status on the Carnivores franchise? (Sorry these are a lot of questions that you might not be able to get answers to, but we're all a bit disappointed about what's happened to this game, and I'm sure we'd all like to know why this happened and what's next). :?
"No, sir. I'll take my Tyrannosaurus without feathers, thank you."

tjgcrush

Postby tjgcrush » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:57 pm

SaurianTarget wrote:
tjgcrush wrote:well i've brought up the idea of bringing back the older games on steam with possible workshop support but polina has said that it will be thought over

That would be nice, I'm sure many people on Steam would buy those, but you can download most (if not all) of the original games for free somewhere online, and the Carnivores Saga has been creating hundreds of excellent mods for the originals over the last decade or so (like Carnivores Triassic, a truly excellent mod, probably the best I've ever played), so there's really very little point for doing that. Just spread awareness of the Carnivores Saga forum if people want to play the originals modded.

So, I'm a bit confused, is Polina still involved with the franchise? Have the devs just given up on Reborn? Or what are they doing next? What's their status on the Carnivores franchise? (Sorry these are a lot of questions that you might not be able to get answers to, but we're all a bit disappointed about what's happened to this game, and I'm sure we'd all like to know why this happened and what's next). :?

from what i've heard it's pretty much dead

SaurianTarget

Postby SaurianTarget » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:34 pm

tjgcrush wrote:from what i've heard it's pretty much dead

Just Reborn specifically or the entire Carnivores franchise?

tjgcrush

Postby tjgcrush » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:26 pm

SaurianTarget wrote:
tjgcrush wrote:from what i've heard it's pretty much dead

Just Reborn specifically or the entire Carnivores franchise?

reborn, im pretty sure that things can still be done to the phone version and stuff, it's cheaper to work on that one

SaurianTarget

Postby SaurianTarget » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:30 pm

tjgcrush wrote:reborn, im pretty sure that things can still be done to the phone version and stuff, it's cheaper to work on that one

Hmm, interesting. :idea: What they should do is just port the mobile versions to PC and release those on Steam, that way we can have the new dinosaurs and ice age creatures without having to play on a phone.

luzrab

Postby luzrab » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:47 am

I can't believe this. They make a game that had a very good future, dispite all the money people gave to the kickstarter they JUST leave. They don't even say anything before they leave. I believe that this game is the best dino hunting game steam has too offer if it is worked on.

Cant they just tell us they left?

If they are working on ANYTHING why wont they tell us?

Please SAY ANYTHING!

tjgcrush

Postby tjgcrush » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:08 pm

luzrab wrote:I can't believe this. They make a game that had a very good future, dispite all the money people gave to the kickstarter they JUST leave. They don't even say anything before they leave. I believe that this game is the best dino hunting game steam has too offer if it is worked on.

Please SAY ANYTHING!

i know it's hard to wrap your head around it was hard for me too

though i've been playing TheHunter: Primal and i found that to be much more fun

SaurianTarget

Postby SaurianTarget » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:25 am

luzrab wrote:I can't believe this. They make a game that had a very good future, dispite all the money people gave to the kickstarter they JUST leave. They don't even say anything before they leave. I believe that this game is the best dino hunting game steam has too offer if it is worked on.

Please SAY ANYTHING!

It is a stupid and disappointing situation, but tjgcrush is right, this is difficult for all of us to get a grip on. Ultimately, I'm sure it boils down to corporate greed. Carnivores Reborn didn't make as much money as the devs wanted so they scrapped it, they don't really care about the game or the Carnivores franchise (if they did, they would have told us and/or given us tools to mod the game)- they just want to make money. Personally, I hope someone who cares enough comes along and buys the franchise and gives us the game we deserve after this train-wreck of a situation.

luzrab

Postby luzrab » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:41 am

Well, no matter if anything happens, I will still check this Forum daily, for anything if possible.

Well farewell Carnivores...for now.

Return to “General Discussion”