Farewell Carnivores Reborn

SaurianTarget

Farewell Carnivores Reborn

Postby SaurianTarget » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:32 am

Well, here we are: February 3, 2016. It seems fitting, given that exactly one year ago today this forum was established, with hundreds of excited fans eagerly awaiting the future experiences this game would provide us. Now, one year later, we trickle back occasionally out of desperation, confused and disappointed about what has transpired here.
Carnivores Reborn could have been glorious. The potential this game had was nearly unparalleled, as has been evidenced by fan reaction, feedback, and suggestions. But now we know that it will all remain trapped in our imaginations. With the developers abandoning Carnivores Reborn to follow its older half-brother - Carnivores Cityscape - to extinction, there seems to be very little purpose to this forum now.
Maybe a miracle will happen. Maybe the developers will grow a heart and provide the community with Steam workshop capabilities, or even basic modding tools. Maybe someone will crack the game’s codes and find out how to improve it as a community. Or maybe a more generous, caring company will buy the Carnivores franchise and deliver to the Carnivores fans the game that we deserve. Until that happens (which, in reality, it probably never will), I feel no need to check this desolate forum anymore. There is still plenty of activity over on the Carnivores Saga forums, as well as the in-constant-need-of-polishing Carnivores Wiki, so until a miracle strikes the Carnivores franchise, that’s where I’ll be. To those of you who with whom I was first united under this Reborn banner and may not see again, farewell. I hope someday we are able to meet again under more fruitful and exciting circumstances.
"No, sir. I'll take my Tyrannosaurus without feathers, thank you."

hurminator

Re: Farewell Carnivores Reborn

Postby hurminator » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:09 am

I just checked back on this site for the first time in a couple of months and also feel your frustration and desperation. I wish they would just tell us something. I agree, that modding tools would help -- certainly I am happy with the mods to the original games. It is rude to abandon customers who have supported them.

Oh, and someone needs to clean up the spam on this forum! :evil:

tjgcrush

Postby tjgcrush » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:25 am

im not sure about you guys but i've moved onto TheHunter:Primal it's sooo much more fun

hurminator

Postby hurminator » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:33 pm

tjgcrush wrote:im not sure about you guys but i've moved onto TheHunter:Primal it's sooo much more fun

That looks good. Some of the reviews said it was really hard. Is it the same type of game as Carnivores?

Has anyone tried ARK: Survival Evolved? I am thinking about that too.

tjgcrush

Postby tjgcrush » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:16 pm

hurminator wrote:
tjgcrush wrote:im not sure about you guys but i've moved onto TheHunter:Primal it's sooo much more fun

That looks good. Some of the reviews said it was really hard. Is it the same type of game as Carnivores?

Has anyone tried ARK: Survival Evolved? I am thinking about that too.

yeah it's basically a multiplayer carnivores with some other things thrown in there

Bbrink1996

Postby Bbrink1996 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:33 pm

Well, can't blame the devs. In the kickstarter videos they seemed passionate enough with the game but the failure of the kickstarter already was a big dent in this game's future. It's basically a miracle the game got released in the first place. And there was basically no marketing at all but this is probably the publisher's fault.

People who weren't activally following the game didn't know anything Carnivores related was coming out. This resulted in dissapointing sales(probably) which lead the publisher to end the contracts of the devs and the devs alone don't have the resources to work on the game even if they wanted to. Besides, if the devs contracts actually ended they might not even have a job right now for all we know which in that case, the game is probably the least of their worries.

Return to “General Discussion”