System Requirments to enjoy max settings

TiGeR CLaW

System Requirments to enjoy max settings

Postby TiGeR CLaW » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:50 pm

I love this game. The Graphics are absolutely beautiful, but what type of system do I need to run all graphic settings at their highest? I’m currently running maxed LOD and FOV at full screen. The game is playable at these settings, but my average FPS falls below 30 (most of the time). If I turn on advanced grass the game becomes unplayable.
Does this game even utilize SLI? What is the most (cost) effective graphics card(s) that can achieve a playable experience at maximum graphics setting? My sys spec’s are listed below.

Processor: i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40 GHz
Ram: 8.00 GB
system Type: 64-bit Operating System running Win7
Graphics: (2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 cards running in SLI mode

Thx

TiGeR CLaW

Syxes

Re: System Requirments to enjoy max settings

Postby Syxes » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:36 pm

Yeah I really would like to know them,because I am just before buying a new better PC.

Goldfinger10

Postby Goldfinger10 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:19 pm

You've got a really nice rig! I feel like this game just isn't optimized yet. Even one of those cards should be able to run the game fine, but the advanced grass is really insane.

Shenzi Sixaxis

Postby Shenzi Sixaxis » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:18 pm

Motherboard :: MSI Z87-GD65
RAM/Memory :: G.Skill Sniper Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory
CPU :: Intel Core i7-4790K (stock)
GPU :: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card x2 (2-Way SLI)
OS Hard Drive :: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD
Power Supply Unit :: EVGA 850W 80+ Semi-Modular

The LOD Distance slider feature is one that shouldn't have been added, IMO. With those specs, I cannot run the game with the Advanced Grass feature turned on and LOD set to max without it being a slideshow.

This boils down purely to optimization issues on the dev's end. There is NO ONE who is going to be running this game on "max settings".

Here's a quick video I did showing the framerate change when adjusting the LOD Distance slider and Advanced Grass.

TiGeR CLaW

Postby TiGeR CLaW » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:48 pm

Hi there

Wow, your right about the LOD setting. I left that at 50% and was (then) able to turn on the advanced grass feature and experience a playable solution. You have some really nice GPU's (not to mention voice). Thank you very much for taking the time to offer some feedback. It was very helpful.

I'll remain optimistic and wait for some added GPU teaks in the programming. At least now others can see that lower based GPU's such as mine should also be able to handle the task.

TiGeR

Return to “Questions”