Gem Glitch

khaos526

Gem Glitch

Postby khaos526 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:53 am

So had finally gotten to the point where I pretty much bought all the stuff I had wanted and started to play the game minus the Radar. Did one successful run and netted a few hundred gems (putting my total to about 300-400. Upgraded the rifle and crossbow to max as just had the extra gems and didn't really need anything more.

Did another run minus the Radar and got a lot of other good kills (and should have netted a few hundred more gems).

When I evacuated the zone, I noticed on my GEMS that instead of having maybe 300 or so, I now have 4,294,967,088 Gems. So not sure what just happened, however, the gems aren't usable and so I can't actually buy anything with them...
Attachments
GemIssue.jpg
Gem Glitch
GemIssue.jpg (212.22 KiB) Viewed 1351 times

tjgcrush

Re: Gem Glitch

Postby tjgcrush » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:39 pm

i already told them about this the first day and they are working on it

khaos526

Postby khaos526 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:18 pm

So I assume there's nothing we can do with that current save then correct? Since you can't activate anything new (other licences or items) and if you de-activate something, you can't re-activate it later as it states you don't have enough gems...

hurminator

Postby hurminator » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:42 pm

Can you use a previous saved game profile to revert back? (using shadow copies, etc.). Also, is there a certain gem score you get when this happens or is this random?

khaos526

Postby khaos526 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:19 pm

hurminator wrote:Can you use a previous saved game profile to revert back? (using shadow copies, etc.). Also, is there a certain gem score you get when this happens or is this random?

What I did was copy my logs from \CarnivoresReborn\Logs\ to a backup folder and then I deleted the last log from the main log folder. That seemed to have reverted me back to most my previous things before the glitch. Though in my case I had switched to the crossbow after the glitch and so when I reverted back, I had all my upgrades, but I was on crossbow as my primary weapon and I only had 235 gems and I couldn't afford to re-activate the sniper rifle until I had enough gems from a hunt.

So in future if this glitch happens, don't un-select anything and just remove the last log (after making a backup of it just in case)...

Return to “Questions”