URGENT INTEGRATED GRAPHICS PROBLEM- Can't Modify Game Through Nvidia Control Panel

TheUnnumberedOne

URGENT INTEGRATED GRAPHICS PROBLEM- Can't Modify Game Through Nvidia Control Panel

Postby TheUnnumberedOne » Wed May 27, 2015 8:22 pm

As of the game's launch, I am completely unable to play the game, as it is automatically running on my integrated graphics card rather than my NVIDIA card, and the game's permissions are not allowing me to fix this using the Control Panel, as literally every other game I have ever played has. Can you guys please fix this? I imagine everyone with a laptop will have this same problem.

Myndmelt

Re: URGENT INTEGRATED GRAPHICS PROBLEM- Can't Modify Game Through Nvidia Control Panel

Postby Myndmelt » Wed May 27, 2015 9:05 pm

I would recommend you post what specs you have. What is your Nvidia Card and what is your internal graphics adapter. Which OS are you running. Are you playing via steam or digital download?

TheUnnumberedOne

Re: URGENT INTEGRATED GRAPHICS PROBLEM- Can't Modify Game Through Nvidia Control Panel

Postby TheUnnumberedOne » Wed May 27, 2015 9:11 pm

Ah, forgot about that. I'm playing through Steam. I have an 870M and an Intel integrated graphics card (not sure what model, but it's meant for running background processes, not games) running on Windows 8.1.

chukhanin
Developer

Postby chukhanin » Thu May 28, 2015 1:12 pm

For some weird reason, it's not possible to use some discrete notebook GPUs with DirectX 9 games. One of us has the same problem with his notebook, and we haven't yet found a way to make it work properly. According to what I was able to find on the web, Nvidia is to blame.
You should try some more fiddling with Nvidia Control Panel, but if it won't help, it is not much we can do about it. I'd suggest you play on desktop.

Myndmelt

Postby Myndmelt » Thu May 28, 2015 3:14 pm

TheUnnumberedOne

Make sure you are using the latest nvidia driver.
Also see if you can find the location in the steam folder for the game and maybe try right clicking the exe that luanches the game and set it to compatibility mode.

TheUnnumberedOne

Postby TheUnnumberedOne » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:38 am

Yep, can't find a way to fix this. The game simply refuses to run on anything other than my integrated card. Well, I've given up. Thanks for your help, everyone. 15 dollars wasted, I guess.

Return to “Questions”